I Am Approaching Retirement
So you’re getting close to retiring. That has to feel great.
Planning to retire also tends to feel a bit uneasy. Presumably, you want to make sure you have the ability to retire and stay retired. We can help you do that through our “One-Hour Retirement Checklist” Consultation. If you are within 5 years of retirement, this meeting is for you.
Simply put, if you have all of the items on our retirement checklist addressed, we believe you probably have most of the items covered that you need to retire. This checklist covers topics like social security maximization, critical retirement investment strategies, and retirement design and budgeting – to name a few.
If there is one thing you probably want to do before retiring, it is to come in for this consultation. You will find we clearly have a plan for your retirement years in mind. If you are successful in planning your retirement, and get your retirement started “on the right foot”, we believe your chances of success in retirement are much greater.
We believe our role is to help you make all the moves that can potentially increase your likelihood of having a prosperous retirement.
To Get Started, Here are 5 Planning Items to Address Before Retirement
1. A Great Budget -- A well thought out budget that will include today's expeneses but also what you might need over the course of your retirement can greatly increase your chances of success.
2. A Plan for Your Retirement Income -- Historically, inflation causes our expenses to double over twenty years time. If you need $60,000 to live off to retire today, you will likely need $120,000 in twenty years.
3. Smoother is Better -- A sound strategy to reduce your investment account value fluctuations is important. A "smoother" series of returns (less big swings in account value) can make your investments last much longer, and may give you a greater chance of success in retirement. The challenge is you need an investment strategy that will work for you. We work hard each day to help people do this.
4. Reserve -- Beyond working towards smoother investment returns, having a plan of where to get income from your investments when investment markets take a significant drop in value, is of the utmost importance. You need a portion of your portfolio to be a reserve. How much you keep outside the investment markets is a custom calculation for each person's unique goals. It is important that it is sufficient, but not so large that you can still get decent performance on your portfolio.
5. Social Security Strategy - Choosing when to apply for Social Security benefits could be one of the largest retirement decisions you make - the difference in collecting 60% more income from Social Security. InFocus Financial Advisors, Inc helps you with the experience and software that can help you create your unique strategy and work towards maximizing your benefits.
If you have come in before and used a one-hour free consultation, we bill hourly for our meeting time.
InFocus Financial Advisors, Inc. will help you get these important steps put into action.
Eric W. Johnston, Certified Financial Planner will find the solution that works well for you.
Schedule a free one hour consulation to review your plan. 410-677-4848
Investments in securities do not offer a fix rate of return. Principal, yield and/or share price will fluctuate with changes in market conditions and, when sold or redeemed, you may receive more or less than originally invested. No system or financial planning strategy can guarantee future results. Therefore, no current or prospective client should assume that future performance or any specific investment, investment strategy or product will be profitable.